[ale] Is there any way to stop this travesty? -- NO, of cour se not!

Kilroy, Chris Chris.Kilroy at turner.com
Fri Aug 23 14:30:57 EDT 2002

to take it off on a tangent:

i was kind of blown away at how archaic the voting process was where I did popped out my chads.

the fact that voting regulations are not standardized across the entire country and modernized is a total joke.

->
->The deeper problem with electronic voting is the lack of an
->audit trail.
->See RISKS LIST
->http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/21.12.html#subj1.1 for an
->intro.  These are all closed source systems that are "self-auditing".
->Meaning that once the election results are reported, there is
->no possibility
->of a recount to verify results.  If there are systemic
->problems, how can you
->rely on the system to find and report errors?
->