[ale] Open-Source Subversion Works Better Than Planned

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at attbi.com
Tue Aug 20 22:57:23 EDT 2002

Remember how I ranted about Microsoft's "FREE - TAKE ONE" Windows XP
preview CDs that were at the US Post Office in Sandy Springs?  Well, I'm
trying to get rid of some stuff prior to moving and I had a Red Hat 7.1
CD kit still in its shrink-wrap (not the box - just a cardboard
double-CD holder) that I didn't need anymore, so last night I went to
the post office to mail something and I just left the CDs on the counter
next to where the line goes, thinking that someone would eventually pick
it up.  Well, while I was up at the window doing my thing, the VERY NEXT
PERSON WHO CAME IN picked up the kit, looked at the writing on the
package - and took it with her.