[ale] (FA)Q: installed kernel SRPM - now what?

Mike Panetta ahuitzot at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 16 20:17:49 EDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-08-16 at 18:04, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> Mike (et al),
>
> the directories are created by one of the rpm rpm's The rpm-build is
> needed to have them and to build from rpm*.src.rpm's

Yup.

I am so used to building the directory tree myself from building RPMS
outside of /usr/src that I did not even think of this.

> As with any big compilation, a build can craok at any point where there
> is a problem. The kernel rpm build usually dies (after I edit something)
> around the patch portion.

I do not think he modified the spec file.  So the problem is probably
somewhere else.  But I could be wrong.

In the example I was giving the RPM build was dying in the last stages
of the build (when it was actually trying to create the RPM file
itself).  If this happens its because one of the dirs under RPMS does
not exist, or the RPMS dir does not exist.

Mike