[ale] SOLUTION FOUND! [ale] The OdDesT lINuX prOBleM eVeR . . .

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Wed Aug 14 15:50:18 EDT 2002

Guru AWARD goes to "Bill Sirinek"

I had been messing with Windows 98 on the box, and set the Plug and Play OS
setting in the BIOS to "YES." An ancient Linux secret is to set that
particular setting to "No."

As soon as I changed the setting and rebooted, the LAN card was recongnized.
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com