[ale] Ximian Evolution (was: Re: [ale] Stupid M$ windows crappy software %#$^*()

Jim jcphil at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 13 22:53:56 EDT 2002

On Tuesday 13 August 2002 10:31 pm, John Wells wrote:
> Don't forget that it doesn't support (afaik) return receipts or message
> priority (yet) ;-).  But I agree...overall a solid client!

Kmail has those things, along with spectacular support for digital signatures
and encryption. It isn't the "all in one" that Evolution is, but it
interoperates with Korganizer and Kaddressbook, so it doesn't have the fat
memory profile that Evolution has. There are things I like about Evolution,
but it was really SLOW on my machine.