[ale] Ximian Evolution (was: Re: [ale] Stupid M$ windows crappysoftware %#$^*()

Eric Anderson eric.anderson at cordata.net
Tue Aug 13 22:45:31 EDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 22:14, Jordi S. Bunster wrote:
> Though, what I found really neat,
> is it support for the gnu privacy guard. I know I may sound like a
> Microsoft Windows user, but for example, James's message showed a small
> lock at the bottom. When I clicked on it, it downloaded the key, and
> checked the message against it, showing me gnupg's output. Also, saved
> the key here, of course.

Speaking of Evolution's handling of gpg, I have a question related to
that. I set up Evolution to sign my messages going out. Then when
testing it out I found that my message shows up as an attachment in
Outlook Express. I searched around on the internet and from what I have
read this is basically a bug in how Outlook Express handles the
messages.

The solution given is to send messages as HTML messages. This seems to
fix the problem, but now when I send a test message to myself, and click
on the "lock" button gpg response that the signature is invalid. When I
send a message to myself to test as plain text it return that the
signature is valid.

So what I am wondering is what is the best way to send signed mail so
that it works right in most e-mail clients receiving the message as well
as returns that the signature is correct by Evolution when sending a
test message to myself (I am assuming that if it says invalid when I
send a test message to myself then it will say invalid to other people).

Anyone have any suggestions?

--
Eric Anderson

 This is a digitally signed message part