[ale] Problems with Sony laptop ethernet under Linux

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 7 17:31:28 EDT 2002

Benjamin Scherrey wrote:

I'd check for a more recent driver first, as Jim suggested.
If that fails, I'd ask the following questions:

(1) Is Windoze using the card in 100Mb mode or merely 10Mb
mode?

(2) Is Windoze going full-duplex or half-duplex?

(3) Is the card set up the same under Linux as under
Windoze wrt those two parameters?

Cheers,

-- Joe

--
   "Thanks to Microsoft, I am now blind in both eyes. They have
    rolled back in my head so many times this week that they