[ale] Ignorant Newbie

Jim jcphil at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 5 20:48:07 EDT 2002

On Monday 05 August 2002 08:17 pm, Dennis Herrick wrote:
> I'm not saying there's NO help here, because some have been very
> helpful. I just get frustrated when there's so much I can't do and my
> simple question gets 10 off topic responses for every one that deals
> with the question.

I understand your frustration. The primary purpose of the list is to share
knowledge of Linux, but it also serves as a watering hole for us geeks. If I
send out a question and it doesn't get answered, I try to send my final
solution back to the list anyway. That way the answer will be in the
archives. I get very frustrated when I find a useful newsgroup thread on
Google and it degenerates into a discussion about something completely
different. But you can't stop conversations from digressing.