[ale] wifi amp

G Bankston microsys at alltel.net
Fri Aug 2 23:12:54 EDT 2002

Hello,

If there are any wifi guys around...

I design electronics, and therefore, make circuit boards.  If someone
knows of
a good design for a bi-directional 2.45Ghz amplifier, I can design the
board and
get some made.  I have found a design by the Green Bay group, but it
seems it was
an idea, not something someone has done before.  It has been a long time
since I
have worked with microwaves, but I understand the stripline circuits.
(Made my own
LNA for K-band satellite many years ago ;-) ).

I think 40mw (most cards) is way too little power to be practical,
although using a
WAP right next to a small dish seems to work pretty well, and 1 watt
would be a
giant step.

Glen WB4ZNW