[ale] Recommend a PCMCIA lan card?

Joseph A. Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 30 11:50:39 EDT 2001

Fletch wrote:

>     Ken> linksys, good + cheap = :)
>
>         Seconded, but with an addendum that the pigtail's are very
> flimsy.  I had one at work and one at home and both of them broke
> within a few months of normal use.  They still work, but they've got
> to be pulled just the right way to make contact.
>
>         Of course I've got 802.11b stuff now with no pigtails or wires
> to worry abot, which works much better . . .

Are there any "good+cheap" 802.11b cards in the world? That
work with Linux?

-- Joe Knapka
"You know how many remote castles there are along the gorges? You
 can't MOVE for remote castles!" -- Lu Tze re. Uberwald
// Linux MM Documentation in progress:
// http://home.earthlink.net/~jknapka/linux-mm/vmoutline.html
2nd Lbl A + 1 = 2nd Pause 2nd Prt GTO 2 R/S