[ale] OT: stupid hardware question

Greg runman at telocity.com
Sat Jul 28 13:16:36 EDT 2001

To put in my 2 cents worth, I would heartily suggest what "Wandered Inn"
said about getting the good stuff.  My company (total MS shop) has had an
ongoing problem w/ KVM's that lose the mouse connection.  That seems to be
the rule in my experience regardless of p.c. or os that is used.  Like jenn
said I religiously log in before I ever switch, otherwise the p.c. doesn't
seem to pick up a component.  My LinkSys ProConnect 4 port does that and so
I just live with 4 mice on my desk (at least until I get my rack up
tomorrow).. and 2 at work (one for my Linux box and the other for the NT
2000 box), but the monitor and keyboards seem to work fine.  What they are
using at work are Masterviews and can be had at Cyberguys 1.800.892.1010 or
www.cyberguys.com .  Mine and just about all that I see have ports for both
AT and the PS/2 connections.  I would also recommend one that comes with
some type of switching the power over "gently".   Some come with cables or
you can get them at Office Depot or anywhere else.  The sysadmins at work
swear that they work, but I haven't been in the server room in a while, so I
can't personally support that claim.

Good Luck