[ale] Re-send: Opinions on Cable versus DSL

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Fri Jul 27 10:59:06 EDT 2001

Googi Singha wrote:

> I thought Bell South did business DSL that came with a static IP ???

Well if they do, it's new.  I talked to several people at BellSouth
trying to get just that.  I was told they did not do static IP on dsl,
even for businesses.  I spent a good 3 months calling back,
re-inquiring, no go.

It may be that they won't do static IP to a residence, I don't know.
For me I had to have a static IP as I work from home and it was a
necessity for my VPN connectivity.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit
to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence." - Albert Einstein