[ale] Earthlink DSL

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Fri Jul 27 10:48:47 EDT 2001

Eric_Brubakken at aoncons.com wrote:

> DSL has finally came to my part of the world.  Both BellSouth and Earthlink are
> offering service to my area at home.
>
> I've been reading the threads here about DSL vs cable and static IP's here
> lately.  I'm going to take the easy way out for now and go with the static IP.
> BellSouth offers a static IP for about $119 a month ( business )

This is news to me.  I attempted to do the same and was initially told
they would do this.  They later changed their tune, the only reason I
could figures was because the found out my 'business' was in a
residence.  I'd be sure to pick their brain on this one again.

> and Earthlink
> offers static one for about $65 ( residential ).  Since money is a object here,
> I think I'll give Earthlink a try.

Atlnet static IP for $65 as well.

> Does anyone have any experience with Earthlink ( aka Mindspring ) using PPPoe?
> Would really like to hear both the good and the bad.

Atlnet does not do pppoe.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit
to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence." - Albert Einstein