[ale] I can't get a 6.8 Gig HD recognized as being > 2Gig.....

Steve Throckmorton ttwelve at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 22 22:26:51 EDT 2001

>Uhm, Linux doesn't use the BIOS for HD access, so shouldn't care at
>all about BIOS limitations. LILO will, but you should be able to
>install and run Linux and use the entire drive, provided your
>boot partition is in the first 1K cylinders.

Thanks for that.  I have a Linux Router Project box that had given me all the
evidence I needed to draw that conclusion on my own, but hadn't quite been sure
that was what I was seeing. (Damn it, now I gotta get into the box and
physically disconnect the HD.)  Anyway, what about the original problem?
There's mention of DOS and Maxblast and BIOS in the first post; if it is a
Linux box and it's not the BIOS, then what?

Steve