[ale] My Girl SuSE is afraid of mice!

KeithH hne at inetnow.net
Sun Jul 22 07:51:13 EDT 2001

Hi Ale,

   Has anyone else tried using either the Personal or Professional
versions of SuSE 7.1 with a ASUS A7V motherboard and a ps/2 mouse/trackball?

   I have the oddest problem when trying to install with the Pro
version, regardless of what media I boot from.  The mouse goes haywire
when I try to use it, and is useless during the graphical install.
   When I use the media from the Personal edition, there isn't any problem.

   SuSE tech support says the boot-up is identical for the two versions,
so one of either SuSE tech support, my motherboard or myself is about
half-baked.  Anyone want to take a stab at where the problem lies?

Lost in Tokyo,
   Keith