[ale] RE: slashdotted...

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Tue Jul 17 13:41:46 EDT 2001

One does not have to be directly mentioned on /. to feel the effect.

A few weeks ago xcorps.net felt the /. effect. Believe me. It is very
real. We normally get around 1500 hits a day. We got over 50,000 for three
days in a row. 25,000 in the first 10 minutes after the story posted.
All from a VERY innocuous link in a story that was totally unrelated to
the site. Slashdot can be a formidable DDoS tool. I cant imagine what
Christopher went through...seems like I participated in that slashdotting
personally.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security