[ale] Locking up when shutdown

Michael Smith MSmith at webtonetech.com
Fri Jul 13 06:45:19 EDT 2001

	I am randomly(maybe a bad word but for no other) hanging when
shutting down Redhat 7.1.  I seem to hang on the quotas part of the
shutdown.  I, then, have to do a hard reboot......then I have to go thru
fsck manually(ugh..)  Any ideas on why quotas would hang.  I am about to
rebuild but I would like to know if I have other hardware issues.  The
machine has been up and running without problem for 2 months and the only
thing done to the machine was a memory upgrade.  Any chance the additional
memory could affect quotas?  Any ideas....  Nothing stands out in the logs.

Michael Smith
msmith at webtonetech.com