[ale] Re: 1/3 full disk, but it is full?

hirsch at zapmedia.com hirsch at zapmedia.com
Tue Jul 10 12:13:03 EDT 2001

darjo at arches.uga.edu writes:
 > I've seen this a lot of times when files are deleted from a running process
 > such as syslog.  Restart all the processes that access the partition and see
 > if that helps.

Well, I've rebooted the machine.  (That restarts all processes,
right?)  Somehow that freed up about 6 gig of free space.  There are
no logs kept on this partition, so I don't know what got freed up.
There are still 14 gig that have mysteriously vanished.

I'm wondering if it is the Reiserfs transaction log doing something
weird.

--Michael