[ale] FTPD

Ankur Chatterjee ankur at 5sc.net
Tue Jul 3 14:22:59 EDT 2001

I feel silly bringing this up. I've been working with linux for years now,
and I just upgraded a web server to 7.1, and neglected to enable FTP, in
pursuit of more secure methods such as SFTP. Well the customers are
revolting and shouting obscenities about Linux and SSH - so I'm trying to
re-enable wu-ftpd 2.6.1. I installed the RPM, checked the configs, and all
seems in place... I'm using xinetd, instead of inetd, could that be an
issue? I even tried removing the RPM'd version, and compiling from source,
and the daemon does not stay active, it simply exits without any status
message and doesn't show up in a process list. Any input??

- Ankur Chatterjee
  Network Engineer
  Five Star Communications
  mobile: 678/612.5033