[ale] Linux Recruiters

hirsch at zapmedia.com hirsch at zapmedia.com
Wed Jan 31 09:33:31 EST 2001

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Marty Nichols wrote:

> I have just finished my current project and would like to stay in
> the Linux environment. Does anyone know of an agency that places
> Linux professionals?

My HR department just sent me our latest list of open positions.  Only
the first one specifically mentions Linux, but Linux experience would
be good for all of these.  Check out www.zapmedia.com to see what our
company does.

--Michael

SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (Multiple Positions) Object-Oriented
software development experience with strong knowledge of C++ and Java
Expertise with Unix and/or Linux is a must 5+ years development
experience is required

TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER 5-7 years of software development experience
with a strong knowledge of C++ and Java 1-2 years of managing software
development efforts Strong project management and organizational
skills are required

CONFIGURATION MANAGER (ZME) 2+ years of configuration management
experience Familiarity with Unix or Linux and Windows 98/ME/NT/2000 is
a plus Responsibilities include developing, applying, and maintaining
software configuration management standards

SR. QUALITY ENGINEER Software, Web and Hardware Testing experience
required - Team Lead preferred 3-6 years traditional QA Testing
experience

QUALITY ENGINEER 1-3 years hardware/software/portal QA Testing
experience Must have created and maintained test plan and defect
tracking documentation Will provide EcoSystem analysis based on QA
test plan documents èº{.nÇ+‰·¦j)fj:+v‰¨jW¨®"¶§²æìr¸›y©^Šyž²Æ yº