[ale] NFS issue

Russell Enderby russell.enderby at arris-i.com
Wed Jan 31 10:17:21 EST 2001

Nfsd is not running.  If it was hopefully everything should be ok.  Its when I try
to start up rpc.nfsd is when I get that message saying it cannot run.  I did
recompile the 6.2 kernel and verified again yesterday that the NFS support is
added.  Although it is added as a kernel include not as a module.  Therefore the
previous reply talking about reloading the module wont work since it does not
generate a nfsd.o to be loaded as module since it is supposed to be part of the
kernel.

Here is my rpcstat -p:

   program vers proto   port
    100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
    100021    1   udp   1024  nlockmgr
    100021    3   udp   1024  nlockmgr
    100024    1   udp    997  status
    100024    1   tcp    999  status

The weird thing here is that you have mountd listed in your and I am running
rpc.mountd and can mount other machines so that is running but it does not show up
on the rpcinfo list.

These are the two processes running currently with it:

root       387  0.0  0.0     0    0 ?        SW    2000   0:34 [rpciod]
root       396  0.0  0.4  1432  452 ?        S     2000   0:00 rpc.statd

You mention this 'experiemental' option.  What is that and why is it needed for NFS
support?

Thanks,
Russell