[ale] Cramfs and Sandisk FlashRoms

Paul Voccio paulvx at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 23 09:30:02 EST 2001

Hello all.

I've been trying to get my Dell Cpx to read a sandisk flash rom with the
cramfs file system on it. It is to go into an embedded device and I need to
make some changes to some of the files. The stock 2.2 kernel on RH 7 does
not provide support for this so I upgraded to 2.4.1 and recompiled with
cramfs support. In the 2.2 kernel, it recognized the flash card and
assigned it hde1-4 but there was no cramfs support to read it. the 2.4
kernel does not see it, and yet still claims there is not cramfs support
when I do mount -t cramfs /dev/hde1 /memcard . It keeps whining about not
having cramfs support in the kernel. I know this isn't true, because I
already recompiled.... Any ideas?