[ale] Kiosk

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Fri Feb 23 06:44:34 EST 2001

I just did an install of Mandrake 7.2 and one of the options they offer
(which I did not accept) was to login as a particular user when the
machine is booted.  I've not looked into it other than to note that if
you don't accept it, there was some reference to a variable USER not
being set when the machine rebooted.

Looks like this might be something you would be able to use, sorry I
don't have more info on it.  I'll scrounge around and see if I can get
more info on it.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein