[ale] Ripping Vinyl

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Thu Feb 22 10:49:54 EST 2001

I'm getting set to turn a bunch of vinyl albums into digital data.   I'm
sure I can figure out most of the steps on my own.  Right now, I'm
looking at linux tools that will take a single .wav file (ripped from
the LP), and convert it into tracks.  So far I've found gramofile, but
I was wondering if anyone here new of any others.

In a related note, I'm probably going to burn some of these LPs as
standard audio CDs.  Is there a way to "tricking the world" into
thinking that it is the SAME as a purchased CD of the same album?  I'm
not really trying to trick the world, just to have it "hookup with the
online databases...."

Thanks.
--
David Corbin