[ale] Linux--threatening the American way

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. glasher at nycap.rr.com
Tue Feb 20 06:39:07 EST 2001

Open-source software needs to be championed as protected free speech.

It could be argued that the open-source movement is communist: from each
according to ability, to each according to need.  This crusade on the part
of Microsquishie could therefore be painted as Neo-McCarthyism.

A better tack, however, would be to paint this crusade by Microsoft as
whet it is:  Marketing bullshit.

glasher at nycap.rr.com
After 163 days, Verizon still couln't deliver Telocity DSL.