[ale] Laptop Recommendations

Tommie M. Jones tj at atlantageek.com
Fri Dec 14 10:21:43 EST 2001

Well.  My 3 year old laptop is slowly dying.  Last week the network card
gave up.  This week I noticed the CDRom no longer works either.

A moment of silence please.

Anyway I am in the marked for a new one I am looking for something ~$1,300
with all the basic features.  It would also be nice if it had one of the
metal cases like viao or the new Power books.  But I am not trading that
for power.  Something in an AMD would be nice and I would like for it to
work with Linux out of the box.  (I battled the ALSA sound module every
time I installed a new version of RedHat.  Pretty sick of it.)

Any suggestions?

http://www.atlantageek.com
Get inside Atlanta's Tech scene