[ale] dos file in linux?? WTF?

tewkewl at mindspring.com tewkewl at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 12 18:14:43 EST 2001

Hey guys...

How does linux/vi know that a file is considered to be a 'dos' file?
it really never was a dos file...it was a script written on an hp box...but during the move (tar/zip) when we run it on linux, it reports "bash: ./secng.sh: No such file or directory"

when the file is plainly there and with execute permissions.

when I VI the file, vi reports [DOS] at the bottom where it has the file name.  Anybody have a clue?

-Patrick