[ale] New Geek Toy!

tewkewl at mindspring.com tewkewl at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 12 15:17:30 EST 2001

You have to configure encryption though snmp?  You mean using the private strings?  Why not just browse to it?

I've been using linksys for a while now and configuring the base station was a snap.  Just browsed to it and played with all the goodies it had to offer.  (including 128bit encryption) (not that that will stop squat, but hey, leaving it in the air as plain text is just silly!  :)

-Patrick

Danny Cox <danscox at mindspring.com> wrote:
> All,

	I just purchased a Linksys wireless card ($79) and their access point
($149) from buy.com.  Although the driver complains that it doesn't
recognize the card, it works great!

	My only complaint is that I must configure the encryption via SNMP on
the access point, and that's a pain.

	Nevertheless, I can wander all over the house, upstairs, and in the
basement, and surf all I wish.

	Note: this is not recommended in bed!

Danny

sent to listmaster at ale dot org.