[ale] Question on 'Trash' desktop icon

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Wed Dec 12 12:09:49 EST 2001

Hi all,

OK, I got a weird one...

I know the desktop icon for the Trask can (KDE 2.1.2, Redhat 7.1) is a
'special' directory, but somehow someone deleted theirs.

Here's what happened.  Someone emailed me with a question on how to 'emoty'
their trash can.  I replied that you simply right-clk it, then left-clk on
'Empty Trash', but they CLAIM that there was no choice to empty the trash,
but there WAS a choice to DELETE it, so she did.

Now her icon is gone, and I know that if I just recreate a directory, it
won't have the special attributes of the Trash.

anyone know how I can recreate the trash icon?

thanks

charles