[ale] Getting <ctrl c> to work on /dev/console

rwhron at earthlink.net rwhron at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 5 22:14:43 EST 2001

It seems that <ctrl c> doesn't work on /dev/console.

2 scenerios:

stty -a shows intr = ^C in both cases.
<ctrl c> works fine when the terminal is a pty or tty.

1)	Headless Linux with console on serial port.
	Here I use minicom to access /dev/console.
	<ctrl c> and sending a break don't interrupt
	a process.

2)	User-mode-linux.  Here I login on the terminal
	than booted uml.

Has anyone else seen this - or better yet, not seen this?

--
Randy Hron