[ale] Firewall and apache logs?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Thu Aug 9 12:40:07 EDT 2001

I've got a IPMasqing firewall up,  Apache behind it and I'm using "rinetd"
to forward ports from the firewall:80 to my web server.  I can see in my
log where I've been scanned:

192.168.0.1 - - [05/Aug/2001:22:40:26 -0600] "GET /default.ida?XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Note the problem.  It doesn't give an actual IP.  Anyone know any thoughts
on either getting rinetd to keep the IP's somehow or another way of
forwarding the ports that will?

Robert

:wq!
                                \_       that important!