[ale] Code Red Worm Statistics

tewkewl at mindspring.com tewkewl at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 9 12:18:08 EDT 2001

I'm blocking all code red attacks from our router's and since 5pm yesterday, I have seen 1900 hits from approx. 50 hosts.  What's wierd is that it's the same hosts ove rand over and over.... no new ones yet.

-Patrick

sveader.cs00 at gtalumni.org wrote:
> Hello ale-ers,

With all the talk of the Code Red Worm, I decided to check my
server to see if it was being hit. Sure enough... To date I've been
hit 1143 times by 460 different hosts. I decided to put together
something similar to what Mr. Lasher did. It started out as a cgi but
became too involved and CPU intensive (silly Python pickle class);
therefore, a cron job runs it currently.

Here is the output:
http://www.veader.org/codeRedStats.html
(in case my domain is still dropped out of Telocity's DNS)
http://veader.die.ms/codeRedStats.html

A link to the code is included so enjoy. It depends on logs looking
like a standard RH Apache configuration so YMMV.

Thanks for listening to me ramble and I hope you enjoy the code...

PS: Anyone have a job for a developer? Please? =)
--
Shawn Veader
veader at mail.com --> sveader.cs00 at gtalumni.org --> veaders at directvinternet.com