[ale] Vmware linux host w/NT guest problems

Gary S. Mackay Gary at edisoninfo.com
Thu Jul 27 09:45:29 EDT 2000

I have two seperate drives in a dual boot config working just fine. I
installed the latest eval of Vmware and tried to set it up to boot primary on
Linux (of course!) and then fire up NT in vmware. When I power-on vmware just
disappears. No messages, nothing. The log file just says "...caught signal
11..." and "...core dump..." stuff like that. No help. I presume it has to do
with the fact that NT thinks it is on hda not hdb but I'm not sure. Does
anyone have this config working?

- Gary

--
Edison Information Technologies