[ale] WYSE hardware question

Jennifer Taylor JMTaylor at wpo.co.chatham.ga.us
Wed Jul 26 09:19:57 EDT 2000

I've got about 10 WYSE WY-17C / 17M / 15C x-terminals that were surplused from the county...they are the ones with the nice sharp monitors and a base unit that's got about a 40mhz processor, 8-12MB RAM, 2 PCI slots, serial port, 10mbps ethernet connection.  They were probably the only ones ever bought...made around '94 by Visual and stamped with the WYSE name. I've also got the software--it's for AIX but the main things it needs are just config scripts which should be able to run on anything.

So if you guys had 10 of these things, what would you do with them?  I'm probably going to add a couple to my home network so I can work in the living room.  I'll sell them if anyone is interested.

Looking for creative suggestions...

jenn