[ale] Linux friendly ISP/Static IPs/ADSL for businesses

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Tue Jul 25 17:50:42 EDT 2000

Atlanta Internet Networks also provides static IPs, most
everything is RUN on Linux, and they even offer ADSL (256kb
up and 1.5mb down) with static IPs to businesses at
$65/month.

www.atlnet.com

----------------------

Charles Marcus
Network Administrator
Media Brokers International
770-516-9234 x123
fax 770-516-8918
CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com

Behalf
> Of Glenn C.
> Lasher Jr.
> Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2000 5:19 PM
> To: Jennifer Taylor
> Cc: ale at ale.org
> Subject: Re: [ale] re: RoadRunner
>

> On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Jennifer Taylor wrote:
>
> > Are you subscribed as residential or commercial?
Generally speaking
> > of broadband companies (I don't know about RoadRunner
specifically)
> > they don't let their residential subscribers run any
sort of web or
> > email services.  Also generally speaking, they don't
assign
> static IP
> > addresses to their residential customers, which would
put a
> damper on
> > such activities.
>
> Telocity is the exception to this.  They do provide static
IP
> by default
> and seem to encourage domain registration.
>
> I highly recommend that anyone considering roadrunner
check out