[ale] QuakeIII Masq

Prasanna Subash psubash at turbolinux.com
Mon Jul 24 14:41:59 EDT 2000

Hi ale,

	I have winbox behind a linux gateway @ home. I am trying to masq quake3
arena to connect to on outside server and the ~ prompt in quake3
repeately shows me that "Server protocol is 45" which I translate to
"unable to contact server". I dont know how to check for connectivity
from windoz anyway. I tried telneting to the server/port and was unable
to reach it.

	Thus I came to realize that there must be something wrong with my Linux
box masq setup.

	I insmod-ed "ip_masq_quake port-no" and tried. No results. lsmod showed
that no process was using that module.

	I tried adding that ipmasadm line in rc.firewall( ipmasadm autofw -A
port-no something udp .... )
	ran it.
	tried again.
	No luck yet :<
	I read on the net somewhere( actually in a site that lists all games
masq info ) that you need that ipmasadm command
to run quake3 SERVER behind a gateway and kernel module was sufficient
for the client. Is this right.

	I tried the conventional ipmasadm with "portfw", similar to what I have
done for napster( which is working ) and still was not able to connect
from the winbox.

Have I missed something ?

Do you guys have this setup working ?

-Prasanna