[ale] Re: Apache Issues

Veritus Silverun veritus at slightly.nailed.org
Thu Jul 20 12:28:59 EDT 2000

Ok, I checked the /home/httpd/html  directory and all the files within it
and they are all globally writable.

As for the httpd.conf questions, it looks to me like it's all in order,
see the following:

--[From httpd.conf]--
<Directory /home>

# This may also be "None", "All", or any combination of "Indexes",
# "Includes", "FollowSymLinks", "ExecCGI", or "MultiViews".

# Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
# doesn't give it to you.

Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks

# This controls which options the .htaccess files in directories can
# override. Can also be "All", or any combination of "Options",
"FileInfo",
# "AuthConfig", and "Limit"

AllowOverride All

order allow,deny
allow from all

</Directory>
--[End paste]--

that looks right to me...

and there is indeed a index.shtml in the /home/httpd/html directory.
So I'm at a loss as to why I'm getting a 403 Forbidden error...  Btw I
also checked in httpd.conf and index.shtml is in the list of valid indexs.

Thanks all,
Jason Beeland