[ale] Please help me give away PCs.

Jon Rennie nixpop at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 20 13:01:52 EDT 2000

Off topic but in line with a recent thread.

I have between 60 and 100 PCs and almost as many monitors and a few other
things to give away.  There are conditions.  I work for the federal
government.  I need to find a tax-payer supported educational institution
(school)  somewhere in the Kindergarten through 12th grade range to take
this stuff.

The greatest number of the CPUs is Dell Optiplex 433s/L CPUs (having a 33MHz
'486SX chip) with 8MB RAM average and minimum 210 MB hard drive.  A few
systems have better specs and I have some garbage lesser systems I need to
get rid of.  The 433s and better have 10BaseT cards.  The monitors are
mostly Dell color 14" ones.

Please help.  Perhaps you can interest a school in teaching some kids to set
up Linux routers/firewalls/whatever.