[ale] iostat?

David S. Jackson dsj at sylvester.dsj.net
Sat Jul 1 13:46:13 EDT 2000

On Sat, Jul 01, 2000 at 09:36:08AM -0400 David S. Jackson <dsj at sylvester.dsj.net> wrote:
> What does one use for the iostat command?  Is there a built-in
> Linux equivalent?  Or do I have to use a port or something?

I found the sysstat utility package at
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/sebastien.godard/.  It contains sar,
mpstat, iostat, sadc, sa1 and sa2 utilities.  Quite cool.

Turns out the sysstat package needs a little modification of the
Configure.sh script in the build directory.  That is, if you
don't have a Red Hat-like distro.

Lines 42-51 need to be adjusted so that your Linux distro is
covered.  As is, it only checks for SuSE and Red Hat-like
systems.  For Debian, there should be another stanza before line
47 like:

elif [ -d /etc/init.d ]; then
   RC_DIR=/etc
   INIT_DIR=/etc/init.d
   INITD_DIR=init.d

Once I make that change, the install runs great on my Debian
system.

Hope ya'll check it out if you haven't already.  :-)

--
David S. Jackson                           http://www.dsj.net