[ale] RH kernel upgrades (was 'Re: miscellaneous questions')

JANINDRA at MS.NDCORP.COM JANINDRA at MS.NDCORP.COM
Thu Sep 2 10:52:43 EDT 1999

Whoops. I meant "rpm -ev" it then "rpm -ivh" the old package

>I have been working on this issue as well. I think the problem is that when
you "RPM" in the >new kernel you have to build coresponding modules and
rerun LILO. If you do get a chance to >screw up your system by doing an "rpm
-ivh kernel-xxxxxx" you can just "rpm -Uv" it then >"rpm -ivh" the old
package.

--Randy