[ale] sendmail and bad addressess

James Godfrey bgodfrey at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 2 11:14:50 EDT 1999

I am new to sendmail configuration and I have a question about configuring sendmail to accept mail with poorly formed addresses, i.e. mail that is recieved with a mis-typed user-name or mail that is sent to a non-existant account, and to send these messages to one special account instead of allowing the mailer daemon to bounce them.  I know this can be done, but i am having a hard time finding references to doing it in the online docs at sendmail.org and in the documentation that is included with sendmail.  I have the o'reilly sendmail book and I am just as lost in that right now.  Can anyone on the list point out the correct option to use?
Thanks in advance.

Benjie