[ale] EMERGENCY: Screen too wide?!?

JANINDRA at MS.NDCORP.COM JANINDRA at MS.NDCORP.COM
Fri Aug 13 15:58:05 EDT 1999

Well, I managed to survive, however the problem still exists. I have tried
setting TERM=vt100 but it didn't fix it. I am using /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm for
the terminal window in X. If anyone has a revelation over the weekend please
let me know. This problem WILL be waiting for me when i get back to work on
Monday and I'd just prefer to beat it into submission before I go crazy. Mre
info:

My card and monitor are supported by XFree86, so I didn't have to do any
special hack to get it to work. I am running at 32 bit color. don't know if
all that helps you but....

until ($monday) {
	print "have a good weekend";
}

--Randy

> I just got a new 17" monitor. I have reconfigure X properly and eveything
> works great, EXCEPT when I go to edit a file with VI I get the following
> error: Terminal too wide.
>
> I use this system for development and need it working ASAP. Please help
and
> thank in advance.

I'm not sure why you're getting that message, but setting your TERM to vt100
should solve problems.

later,
chris

--