[ale] Sound Config - Kernel Compile - Boot Disk Question

Jerry Yu zyu at tc.net
Wed Oct 28 13:56:20 EST 1998

hey, Thomas,

assume you are on an i386 and floppy drive on /dev/fd0.

then, use a new floppy preformatted for windows. ie., the one you bought
directly from stores. no, not those for Mac ;-)

don't mount it. And, don't format it into ext2.

as root, do the following:
cp /path/to/your/newly/compiled/zImage /dev/fd0

Then you get yourself a bootdisk.

mkbootdisk RPM may help as well. However, I had problem in rescue mode on
various machines.

just wanna help.

Jerry Yu
Systems Engineer	| zyu at tc.net
Premiere Technologies	| 404-262-8544(O)
Atlanta, GA 30326	| ae.tc.net/dept/engineering/op/public/developer/zyu