[ale] Trouble with Word Perfect for LInux

Steven A DuChene sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com
Tue Jul 21 12:55:56 EDT 1998

Vernard wrote:
> Now here is the strange thing. The backspace key doesn't work inside of
> Wordperfect on the 2nd machine. It functions exactly like the Delete key
> instead. However, on the 1st machine, it works fine. This is driving me crazy.

Compare output of stty -a on the two machines and output of xmodmap -pke
or xmodmap -pk on the two systems. Something is different. Are the two
keyboards basically the same? Or is one a PS/2 DIN style verses the
larger/older PC plug?

Does the backspace key work in other applications (vi, command line, etc)?
--
Steve DuChene              sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com               1-800-633-3600

	       The HP North American Response Center, Atlanta
		  X/CDE/Vue/xterminal/graphics support team
    		    I am an employee of Hewlett-Packard.