[ale] Trouble with Word Perfect for LInux

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Jul 21 12:24:33 EDT 1998

I bought a copy of Word perfect for Linux. The docs say that it is supposed to
work under kernel 2.0.18. I have two machines, one running 2.0.32 and the other
running 2.0.30. The first machine is my home machine and I've been running
redhat 4.2 no it since it came out. I've upgraded lots of the software on it
but its a nice stable machine. The second machine is a new one for my fiancee.

Now here is the strange thing. The backspace key doesn't work inside of
Wordperfect on the 2nd machine. It functions exactly like the Delete key
instead. However, on the 1st machine, it works fine. This is driving me crazy.

Has anybody else experienced this problem or any similar problem? I would
appreciate any help I can get on this. I'm stumped.

Vernard Martin (vernard at cc.gatech.edu)  | 2nd Atlanta Linux Showcase!
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~vernard/      | October 23 - 24, 1998
Georgia Tech, College of Computing      | http://www.ale/org/showcase