[ale] Re:

Linux Idiot esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Tue Jul 14 08:53:57 EDT 1998

Brian Long wrote:

>      This may be a simple question, as I am just starting out in Linux, but
>      how do I change my screen resolution in X window? For some reason my X
>      windows always uses the maximum of my video memory available (8 Meg)
>      for virtual resolution, and I have to scroll forever with my mouse to
>      get to different xterms. Thanks in advance

Assuming you're using Xfree, look for the entry 'Virtual X Y' where 'X
Y' is your virtual resolution.  You can reduce it to the size of the
resolution you're using, but if you have other resolutions that are
larger, they won't work.  How are you determining that it is using all
your video memory?

Must be nice to have 8 meg of video memory. :)  I've got 4, but remember
when I had 512k... :)

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

You mean you paid MONEY for Service Pack '98????