[ale] doh! stupid rpm's..

frenchie elijahu at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 14 05:04:35 EDT 1998

Alright, I'm frustrated. For the umpteenth time I've tried to install an
RPM and had it spout back at me that it can't be done because libc.so.6
is missing. What is this file, and how do I get it installed. I'm
running SuSE 5.2. Is this some kind of RedHat glibc crap?

I just wanna install kpilot and get my palmpilot hotsync'd again. Grrr.
Is there anyway to make an rpm tell you, not the file, but the rpm's
required? I know that libc.so.6 (and some other stuff) is required, but
what rpm can they be found in?

Also, has anybody got KDE 1.0 down and installed yet? How's it work?
Buggy/clean?

Many thanks,

Elijah Underwood
elijahu at mindspring.com