[ale] KDE install and kernel compile questions. . .

logan at snarf.burdell.org logan at snarf.burdell.org
Tue Jul 14 06:58:39 EDT 1998

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Tory Michael Deron wrote:

> Hello All!
>
> I have a couple of questions. . .
>

> Does anyone know if there are any special instructions for upgrading from a
> pre-release version of KDE to the newly released 1.0?  I can't find any, and I
> don't want to lose any of my current settings.

	I think if you just back up your $KDEDIR/conf directory, you
should be ok.  I've been having trouble getting KDE 1.0 to install,
though.. had to turn off path-checking in configure, and when I try to run
it I get an error that goes something like: bad reloc type <NULL> in
something_11Ksomethingelse.  Driving me nuts.

> Also,  I downloaded the latest 2.0.34 kernel source, and I can't find iso9660
> under the filesystem config, so I can't access my CDROM drive.  Am I missing
> something?

	Ack...I installed a 2.0.34 kernel a week or so ago, and had the
same problem.  Can't remember where I found iso9660, tho.. sorry. :(

	--Logan

     Logan Johnson || logan at snarf.wreck.org
     Peznet Complex: http://snarf.wreck.org