[ale] samba printing

Nick Lucent nlucent at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 8 14:18:05 EDT 1998

My girlfriend recently decided that she wanted her gui ala windows, so I
had to reinstall it on her machine, so I had to install samba so that she
would have some more disk space. Ive gotten my computer to be browseable
through network neighborhood etc, and she can mount the exported fs etc,
and she can see the printer, but whenever I try to print from it she gets
an error saying to restart windows and try again (isnt that the windows
slogan?) so Im wondering if anyone can take a look at my smb.conf and tell
me what Im doing wrong.

[global]
   printing = bsd
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes
   invalid users = root
   browseable = yes
   writable = no
   hide dot files = yes
   log file = /var/log/samba-log
   security = user
   workgroup = SPIFFY
   server string = %h server (Samba %v)
   socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
   encrypt passwords = yes
   wins support = yes
   dns proxy = no
   preserve case = yes
   short preserve case = yes

[printers]
   comment = printers
   browseable = yes
   path = /var/spool/lpd/lp
   printable = yes
   public = yes
   writable = yes
   create mode = 0700

Ive only included what I believe the relevant sections to be for brevity,
If you need more let me know. Im using debian 2, kernel 2.0.34, and samba
1.9.18p8
Thanks for your help

Nick