[ale] Corel/Wordperfect Printer choice

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Thu Dec 31 09:56:18 EST 1998

John M. Mills enscribed thusly:

> H'lo y'all -

> I just installed Corel's free personal Linux WP8, but I don't know what to
> use as a printer.  Common to many linuces, I run gs (5.10 in my case), and
> would like WP to put out PostScript to lpr.  Unfortunately, my actual
> printer is not among those provided by Corel, either, so I can't even
> bypass the print spooler (nor do I want to).

	If you want to output PostScript just pick one of the common
PostScript printers.  You can then print to a file to generate a PostScript
file.

	I have a LaserJet 6P without internal PostScript.  Their list does
not include any of the LaserJet 6 series but the LaserJet 5 is REAL close.
If I pic the PostScript version instead of the standard version, gs gets
called by the spooler scripts to process the PostScript.

  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 925-8248   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/